Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Week

I am only going to say good and positive things on this post. Having limited treatment 2 weeks ago and no treatment this past weekend really gave me a chance to feel like I was on a mini-vacation. Very mini, but I know how to pack a lot into the times I am feeling good. With chemo every week those times have been limited but I'm not going to complain because I had such a jam-packed two weeks. It was such a respite from a pretty sickly existence. Met with past and presents firends. And I mean past - there were friends from Franciscan Children's Hospital where I held a job 20 years ago. Friends from before Michael and I were married. Present day friends mixed with friends from the past. Past friends that have been with me throughout the many years of my life. Family, mixed with firends. I wish I could list all the names but I am afraid that I will miss someone. I would never want to offend anyone. But you all know who you are. There were many friends that I did not get to so I am saving that for my next weekend off. I know who you all are.
So tomorrow I work, as well as the next and the next. They will be all good days. Then Friday comes and I will get hammered with the poisons that keep me alive. But I won't digress (or regress). So I give myself a big pat on the back for not letting a spare minute of my "well" time go by without filling it in a positive way. So as I sit in my chemo chair on Friday, wearing high heels and sporting my lipstick I will run my mind over the past 10 days that have brought me nothing but joy. And then I will plan for the next time I get so much as a week's break. It will keep me happy.
Perspectives differ for me now than they did when I first started treatment. Before it would be "one week, only one week" now "thank you for that one "long" week." I try to be grateful for everything. I am grateful for everyone that takes the time to read this blog. For many reasons I write and for many reasons people read. I continue to be grateful for my red lipstick. Both make my smile just that much more prominent.
One last thing Happy Valentines Day to all my fans - I've taken your hearts, wove them into a blanket and am feeling myself wrapped up in them all. Just another thing to broaden the smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment