Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I was just thinking...

This is just going to be a short post. No work today - but if I say no work how come I emptied the dishwasher, did a load of laundry, made a marinara sauce for supper, went over with Mario some of the things on his Social Studies test, made Mario breakfast, and cleaned one of the bathrooms - and it is not even nine o'clock!!!! Does this type of routine sound familiar. I'm not going to complain. I am so happy I feel good enought to do this.
Just one more thought on this post. Nothing earthshattering; just the truth. If my kids ever read this, even if I am not living on this earth with them I just want them to know that I love them very much, I think of them everyday, I am proud of their accomplishments, and I am honored to be their mother. It try to tell them now but I am not sure how much they listen or really hear. But one of the saddest things about having cancer is that I can see their life going on without me. I truly feel I will always be watching but I will not be in the midst of it. For that I am sorry. Although it may not be easy, they will go on and do well and for that I am joyful.
And because I have colon cancer, on their 40th birthdays (ten years before the general population) they will hear me shout from the heavens "Get your colonoscopy!!!!" Michelle, Jay, and Mario I love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment