Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remember When

I think it is about time I write again. I don't think it is laziness. I think it is time management. With all the things there are to do in this world it is hard to fit everything in. Considering that my life has to be go, go, go taking time to stop, stop, stop and blog, blog, blog isn't easy, easy,easy. Alright! I'll stop the silliness and get right down to the post.
I've been having very sentimental thoughts lately. Especially when it comes to my children. They just grew so fast. I look at all three and get a huge case of the "remember whens" - Michelle, remember when you had the tantrum when you were about three and told me you wanted another mother and I calmly took you by the hand and you wanted to know where I was taking you . My reply, "oh honey, I would do anything to make you happy and if a new mother is what you want we are going out to find one." You have to admit that was a good one. Jay, remember our afternoon date to Pine Banks when there was ice and snow. I think you were four. We went to see if the peacock was still there and trying to take a shortcut down from that little hill we slid all the way down on our asses (I can say asses now because you are older) and we just couldn't stop laughing. Mario, remember when we were in Hershey one morning (just last summer) in the hotel and we were eating Hershey kisses for breakfast and daddy had to take the candy from us? Michelle, remember when we were in the big dressing room at Frugal Fannies and you pointed to a woman with very large breasts and said very loudly "look at the lady with the big boobs!" The whole dressing room heard you-even the lady with the big boobs! Jay, remember going to McDonald's every Wednesday afternoon and having to sit at the exact same table and order the exact same food. And the table was close to the door and everytime it opened I would be so cold. But I would never even think to sit anywhere else. Mario, remember reading Amelia Bedelia down the Cape and how we laughed when we saw the picture of how she "dressed the chicken." And Michael, I haven't forgotten about you - Remember when we were first married and we both called out sick from work and headed to New Hampshire. We walked the Flume and saw Clark's Bears.
We all have thousands and thousands of memories about growing up, raising our children, time with our spouses. I won't bore you with anymore of mine. But take this opportunity to think back on some of your favorite memories. I seem to always dwell on all the ugly things cancer gave me but cancer has given me a beautiful thing. It forced me to remember bits and pieces of happiness and learn how to rekindle the feelings. Let me add one other pearl of wisdom. You don't need to have cancer to do this.
So I'm going to stop writing and keep thinking...Michelle, remember the school picture you took when you put your own make-up on without telling me-lipstick and all. Like mother like daughter! I'll enjoy the rest of my thoughts in the privacy of my own mind. I hope you all do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment