Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm not going to complain at all right now. I had a fantastic weekend with a fantastic bunch of women. The Langham Hotel and Bond will never be the same as we embarked on my dream weekend. Putting together women from all facets of my life was part of my bucket list and it really happened. I mean IT REALLY HAPPENED!!!!!! It was even better than I thought it was going to be but my predictions came true. I predicted that everyone would make new friends and they all did. I predicted that everyone would look beautiful and they did. I predicted that we would make a positive statement for women in their forties and fifties and we did. (Out of the 17 there was only one that didn't fall into that category, but she was close...hi Anna!) I predicted that the weekend would be memorable and it was.
Reality set in today when I had to go into Dana-Farber and have my chemo port opened and flushed. But as I said in the beginning of this post -I'm not going to complain. I keep viewing my weekend pictures (I promise they will get posted). Those pictures will sustain me through any sadness for a very long time. I realize I have many friends that laugh with me, cry with me and love me. Things could be worse but when you have an entourage like I felt I had at the Langham Hotel this weekend things just couldn't be better.
And to those friends that weren't there because they were male, because I had to limit the guest list at some point, or because they were too young - you all make my life better. And lastly, I have so much family behind me that at my lowest points the reality is my life is better than most.
One last thought-just because I didn't complain in this post doesn't mean I will never complain again. I'm just so very thankful that I have listeners. Those friends that were with me this weekend, those that weren't, and my family will just have to bear with me. I am not ungrateful but I am only human. I send my love to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment